Make Calls to Get Out The Climate Vote
Phone Bank Instructions
Phone Banking Tips
- REVIEW THE SCRIPT AND INSTRUCTIONS
Take a minute to review the call script and instructions before getting started.
- CONNECT TO THE CALLFIRE.COM CALLING TOOL
Go to callfire.com and click “Agents” in the upper right hand corner. This will bring you to the agent login interface. In the Campaign Name or ID field enter “Power Vote” and in the Campaign Passcode field enter “climate”.
Enter the phone number of the phone that you will be using along with your email address. When you click “next” the system will call your phone and give you a number which you type in the next field that appears. Once you enter the number and submit it, your phone and computer will be synced with the system and you will start making calls.
- START MAKING CALLS – RUN THROUGH THE SCRIPT
The way it works is that the computer will place calls, when someone picks up you will be connected to them and their info will appear on your screen in the box on the upper right.
- RECORD THEIR RESPONSES – THEN START THE NEXT CALL
Run through the script and fill in their responses in the form.
Once the call is complete, click “Next Call” and it will connect you to another voter.
If you finish a call but aren’t ready to go on to the next one, you can click “End this call” to hang up, but you won’t be connected to a new contact until you click Next Call to indicate you’re ready.
- LEAVING VOICEMAIL
If you get an answering machine or voicemail, you can click the “Smart Drop” button and the system will automatically leave a pre-recorded message and connect you to the next caller.
Hi, is __________ there?
Great, my name is __________ and I’m calling with the Power Vote campaign.
How are you doing tonight?
Great! I’m calling to make sure you have everything you need to get out and vote next Tuesday, November 6th. With recent extreme weather events like Hurricane Sandy, it’s more important than ever to get out to vote and demand climate action.
- Can we count on you to vote on Tuesday, November 6th?
- Great! Where will you be voting? And how will you get there?
(If they don’t know, they can text “FIND” to 228466 to find their polling place.)
- What time are you voting? (Encourage people to set a time.)
- Can you bring a friend or two with you to the polls? If so, how many?
Awesome! Well it was great talking to you and I’m excited that you’re planning to vote. Be sure to pass the word onto friends and family, we need to make sure as many people as possible vote!
Have a good night!
Phone Bank Tips
Phone banks are a critical to ensure that young people show up to the polls on Election Day. A well organized phone bank can allow you to connect with hundreds and turn people out to vote! Energy Action Coalition has set up “CallFire” an easy to use online system that dials the numbers for you, so you can focus on having conversations with voters.
What you need:
- A quick training (on how to use CallFire and how to phone bank)
- A comfortable space (and snacks don’t hurt!) − Phone lines, or cell phones and a computer (for each volunteer)
Set a goal and plan for it:
Set a goal of how many people you want to remind to vote! Once you determine your goal, create a plan to reach it. Want to reach 750 voters on the phone? You’ll probably need around 15 volunteer hours. Planning on phone banking for 3 hours, you need 5 volunteers!
Prep for your phone bank:
- Confirm a time and space
- Recruit your volunteers – the more the better, but make sure it’s manageable and you have an appropriate amount of space
- Plan a short orientation or training
A Project of: Energy Action Coalition
Login – or –